What is Paintless Dent Removal (PDR)?
Paintless dent removal (also known as PDR or paintless dent repair) is the specialised technique of removing dents and creases from the vehicles panels. The PDR service does not involve painting or filling, thus preserving your paint finish as the manufacturer intended.
How does Paintless Dent Removal (PDR) work?
PDR works by accessing the rear of a dent using specialist tools. These tools serve to methodically lift or tap down the affected area; helping to nurse the panel back to health, quickly and effectively.
PDR is an environmentally friendly method for repairing dings, body creases, dents and even hail damage.
Unlike traditional body shop methods, the PDR process allows us to repair car dents in a better and more affordable way. Another big plus is that the vehicle retains it’s original factory paint finish- thus keeping it’s value.
Most small car dents can easily be removed using PDR technology, including door dings, small hood dents, and even creases. Paintless Dent Repair (often referred to as PDR) became very popular in the mid to late 80s as an alternative to conventional painting and fillers to repair dents and dings.
Why Choose PDR over a traditional bodyshop repair?
Positives of Paintless Dent Repair
- Saves time– schedule your repairs and we’ll be there to repair your car when we’ve said we will be. No waiting for garage space before your vehicle is seen, and no need to survive without your car for several days.
- Convenient- we offer a mobile service and will come to you- wherever you are in Malta. Home or workplace, we can work around you so the repairs have as little impact on your day as possible.
- Vehicle retains its value- We don’t need to paint your car using PDR and your car will end up looking as it did pre-damage, so no impact upon the value of your vehicle.
- Environmentally friendly- PDR involves specialist tools to ease the dent out, so no toxic chemicals are used during the process.
- Repair several dents at once-Insurance companies recognise PDR as an excellent method to remove minor dents and dings as well as hail damage.
How do I know if PDR will work for my dent?
Because of all the factors at play in the repair process, each dent is as individual as a fingerprint. Whilst two dents may look very similar, they will present very different challenges for the technician and require a different approach to achieve a top quality repair. On that basis, the pricing information is FOR GUIDE PURPOSES ONLY.
Please go to our online enquiry page where we can provide you with a personal quotation.
If you’re looking for car body repair services in Malta and Paintless Dent Removal sounds like it could work for you, call us at The Dent Doctor.
Want to watch U.K channels from abroad? Click here